Writing the MBA Application Cover Letter
A good cover letter for MBA application can improve your chances of being accepted into the program you want. It is your chance to directly address admissions officials and convince them you are a good choice for their program.
The cover letter MBA application calls for should address the following questions:
• Why are you pursuing an MBA?
• What specific aspects of this schools MBA program caused you to apply here?
• What are your career goals and how does being accepted into this MBA program directly affect those goals?
• What qualities do you possess that make you a good choice for this program? This refers to skills or characteristics that aren’t reflected in other documents that would be an asset. Provide examples of qualities you claim. If you have good organizational skills and include that in your letter, provide an example of how you have demonstrated your skill.
Usually, you will only be allowed 300 to 400 words to write your letter, depending on the individual program requirements.
Suggestions for Writing the MBA Application Cover Letter
These are some general tips that may help with your MBA application cover letter writing:
• Use a clear concise style of writing. With word restrictions to adhere to you should get directly to the point.
• Don’t generalize. Be specific and use examples.
• Use an outline to help organize your points in a logical fashion.
• Review an MBA cover letter application sample from several different successful applicants to identify traits that successful cover letters have.
• Choose only 1 or 2 qualities to focus on.
• Proofread for spelling and grammatical errors. They are completely unacceptable.
For problems with your MBA application cover letter, consider contacting some online professional MBA application writing services for help.
Getting Help with the MBA Application Cover Letter
Cover letter writing is a no-brainer if you follow the guidelines above, but not all of us great writers. If you think that you won`t manage to write a good MBA cover letter or a statement of purpose for MBA, just address the professional writing services that you may find online in a big variety. Take a look at their samples, compare offers, ask for a quote and choose the one that will make a great job for you. With such an approach your cover letter will be done in no time.