Being accepted into one of the most prestigious MBA programs in the world is a big achievement already because it gives you plenty of opportunities to grow and enhance what you already know. It also gives you the chance to develop your talents and skills in leadership and management. Before harvesting the benefits of succeeding at an MBA though, you will need to ace MBA essay questions. To practice, here is a list of the most popular topics for your MBA scholarship essay.
Popular MBA Essay Questions and Answers
- Tell us about an internal conflict or perhaps a difficult decision you have faced in your life or career. Here, be clear and specific in highlighting a specific problem, and then be able to describe ways on how you acted on the matter. Perhaps, mention about techniques or strategies you have used in specifically in addressing it.
- Why an MBA.This is the most common of all admission essay question. Be clear of your answers and maximize the length limit. You can talk about your inspirations or motivations on what made you decided to apply for an MBA. Is it because you are starting a new business? Is it because you want to enhance your knowledge and skills in business? Or is it because you are progressing in your career or organization?
- Why Our School. When asked this question in your MBA goals essay, make sure that you address specific points on the reasons you think this institution is the best pick to meet your career goals. What do you believe are the most important aspects of education in the school would be helpful in developing you as a future business leader or innovator?
- What are your short-term and long-term career goals? When applying for MBA programs, you should already know your purpose of applying, as well as your goals in life. What you do want to achieve after graduation? Where do you plan to work? What else do you want to achieve in your career? Be able to connect your short-term aspirations to your long-term goals and illustrate how your short-range goals are key steps in reaching those longer range aspirations.
- What are your positive contributions to your organization? Talk about those positive influences you have made in your current or past job, or discuss ways on which you have innovated or improved ways or processes in your organization. In this case, you also have to be specific with your examples, such as a specific change you have introduced that has made a positive result to the company.
- Tell us about a specific quality or characteristic you think will help us get to know you better. In the MBA admission essay with this question, you should pick your best quality that you think is suitable for the culture, values, and mission of the school. You should also connect this quality and how it can be a major factor in reaching your goals.
There you have the most popular MBA essay topics that you might want to practice with so that you can get used to them and you can generate as many ideas as possible on how to answer them, if you will be asked the same in the admission essays.