The School of Management seeks for applicants that can create a deep impact in the community and the world. The school is one of the most prestigious and is also one of the hardest to get into, which is why you have to do well in your Yale MBA essay. If you have a plan B, you might also want to write a UCLA MBA essay.
The school isn’t only interested of your achievements or your accomplishments in the field, but also about the person behind the success. If you are looking for guidance on how to ace the Yale essay, check out this guide.
Yale MBA Essay Questions
“The Yale School of Management educates individuals who will have deep and lasting impact on the organizations they lead. Describe how you have positively influenced an organization as an employee, a member, or an outside constituent.” (500 WORDS MAXIMUM)
How to Answer the Yale MBA Essay Questions
The admissions committee for this year agreed that the question can really help them in getting to the core of what the SOM business program is about. The question also embodies the founding mission of the school wherein ‘they’re looking to educate leaders for both the society and business.
- Start early and do not wait until the last minute before writing your MBA essay. The more time you allot for the piece the more opportunities you can have in making certain changes until you come up with perfection.
- Ask friends, relatives and other people who have had the chance to apply and succeed in applying at Yale B-school.
- Go to the official website of the school and read about their mission, vision, goals and so on. By doing so, you will have a deeper understand on what they are looking for applicants and you can see if you are a good match for the requirements of the school.
- By researching and reading about the school, you will be able to translate those mission and vision into your goals.
- And in answering this year’s questions, you will be more effective in highlighting how you have influenced other people in your work and in your community.
Expert Tips for Yale Admission Essay
In the essay, you are asked to describe your academic, professional and personal situation where you have made a difference. By reading the question, you will have some clues on how to state your cases. There are words like ‘lasting, lead, deep and influence.’ These may be used to serve as main elements of your story. However, select a sample that has long lasting impact. As you know, the school is looking for sustainable impact, which you have had in an organization.
These Cornell MBA essay questions might it all so easy! Learn more!
If you want to make a strong admission essay, you should put your reader into the middle of your story right away. Remember, you only have 500 words to launch your narrative immediately. You should also show how you solved the problems in your organization, and then shift and focus on ways that you have positively influenced the people in your organization and how you have made a lasting impact.